Thursday, October 16, 2014

Paper 2 (FTS)

 One of my dreams is to ride in the plane and when I was little every time I saw a plane I shouted so loud thinking that they will hear me. It sounds really funny but I really enjoy doing it even if I’m inside in the house I immediately go out just to say “eroplano pasakya ko!!” I did it with my older brother and it gives us happiness.
            Now my dream comes true. It’s my second time riding in a plane and you can really feel the tense during the first ever moment riding on it. The first time that I was able to ride in a plane is when I went here in Davao. We came together with my uncle and my cousin in Bohol. I really came from Bohol and then my uncle and one of my cousins just had a vacation in our place and fortunately an opportunity juts arrived and I never hesitate to say yes and that was the time I left my family for a good purpose. I know that it was my chance to live my dream because my uncle will send me to college that’s why I am here right now for good.
            Many people dreamed to ride in a plane because they want to know how it really feels to be like inside and when the engine started it makes everyone so excited. At first I admit I’m such an ignorant person especially when it’s my first time to do such thing, I just put in my mind that’ it’s another adventure to conquer.  
            I do also have many expectations during my first ride in the plane. Before I’m just imagining riding on it but now it’s happening. You can’t really tell if things aren’t happening or not. It’s like just a dream you only see things at night when you sleep and one day you just wake up having all of those staff in your hands. Life is such an amazing journey to travel if you keep on believing and have the faith in GOD then it will slowly bring you to a bigger hope.
Life is full of unexpected surprises. There are many opportunities when one can secretly wish for something exciting to happen something out of the ordinary. The real surprise is when the wish unexpectedly comes true.

            I was with my parents back then during Christmas in Loay Bohol. This is the place where my paternal grandparents live, and I supposed to go after a week in Davao City. Then knowing that an opportunity comes for me they have to decide wisely for my future. When I heard my parents discuss the plan, I was absolutely thrilled, and my excitement knew no bounds when they finalized that, I would stay in Davao City for a long time for  my studies  of course it is a hard thing for me because I won’t let them see for a long  year but  I’m the one who will benefit  for this sacrifice.The finalisation of this plan put me on to college. We would be going by plane from tagbilran to Davao City was the highlight of the programmed according to me.
There were still fifteen days for us to start off but my imagination took to wings immediately. I started wondering how it would feel to be in the air without having wings to fly with. At long last, after a very long wait as it appeared, the curious wait ended and 15th December came and we started off from home to the airport.
Since this moment is the first time that I experience to ride in a plane. My heart beat pit a pat, pit a pat, as, I was now soon to face my first experience in an airplane. As soon as we reached the airport, the very sight of planes taking off and landing one by one simply exasperated me. I was restless to board a plane, the plane which would take me to Davao City.
Just as I was wondering as to when we would get inside the plane, there was an announcement for the passengers of our plane to get ready to board the plane. Now, we were being called and aha! My moment of excitement came to the hilt, and soon I was inside the plane. What a sight it was, its comfortable seats, its broad aisle, and above all its beautiful and charming air hostesses. I was wonderstruck to see so much in one plane and that also all together.
As soon as we were seated, I heard a voice announcing and requesting all passengers to fasten their belts. I looked for my belt, but did wonder why we were being asked to do so. However, as per the instructions, all the passengers tied belts, and just then, there was another announcement that the plane was about to take off. At this moment, I felt a peculiar pang in my chest as if my heart was hitting its walls, and I at once held on to Mummy's arms who was sitting next to me.
Only after a few seconds I think I was alright and felt normal and now, I looked on to the ground we had just left. As we rose above the ground, I could see the roads, vehicles on the roads, plain land, orchards gardens and Oh what a beautiful sight it was from the height. Soon I was so engrossed in enjoying the aerial view that I forgot all fear and nervousness.
Throughout the journey we were enjoying, eating reading and chatting with each other and co-passengers though I was more enraptured by the beautiful view from high above. When we had reached very high, all things on the ground seemed to be as tiny as pinheads, and moving things appeared to be ants. On the heights, I felt as though we were cutting through the clouds in the sky to find our way to Davao City. This was another enchanting scene.
As I had hardly started enjoying the scenic beauty from high above, there was an announcement that, we were about to land at Davao City airport, and that, we should tie our belts. No sooner we had tied our belts that, I could feel the plane taking a dive downwards, and lot once again I felt a pang in my heart, a sort of vacuum in the chest.
As I recovered from the pang, the plane had touched the ground, we had landed on the Davao city airport, and the plane was moving fast on the runway. This was the end of my first trip by air and it had ended before I could register any moments of pleasure.
This first air ride was a memorable one, and a real experience. After that flight to Davao City years back, I have  had a second opportunity though I'm sure I will soon get my second chance and this will happen this coming September for our Field Trip.  Next time I will be less tense and my heart beats will be well under control. The next trip will be, whenever it may be, surely more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment