Monday, July 7, 2014

(Techno)- Pirates

1. What are the factors that contributed to the success and failure of Steve Jobs as a technopreneur?



            This is the first time that I was able to watched the said movie it is really amazing because it brought back the history of how computer have started from nothing until it evolves. This movie showed the progression of the computer since the 1970’s. It also shows the competition between IBM. Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs. One of the most outstanding people is Steve Jobs who is an American entrepreneur, marketer and inventor who was the co-founder, chairman, and CEO of Apple Inc.Since then Steve Jobs is a different person for me because he see things differently as what others have seen. It’s like he’s having his own world with unique identities and has its high level of perspective. Steve Jobs was a 21-year-old college dropout living with his parents in Los Altos, Calif. He is not a good rule model as a student but only does have its own way of thinking which leads him into success. Not every one of us will be given a gifted talent like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates they are an amazing creation that has given a big contribution in world of technology. I can’t even see myself in them while watching the movie it’s like an impossible things if I compare myself to them. They are damn good genius people that have a brilliant mind that will change the world.

            From being a dropout college student to a successful entrepreneur maybe we have wonder how they did all of that staff which is really remarkable. When he is still in college he already had a good friend Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne they became partners in crime and close of each other. They would just have hang out in the garage and make some computer staff. Many things did Steve Jobs have been through he also had his love life but unfortunately it doesn’t work well until his girlfriend got pregnant and things don’t work as they want it. Having on complicated things is a normal thing that a person will be experienced. Steve Jobs is also a human who falls in love, get angry and can be a good friend too. From the movie that I’ve watched it gives a real life perspective of the struggles they faced in their personal lives and the struggles they went through within their companies. Having too many problems will really measure how strong you are to face all the challenges that Jobs encounter. Bill gates is one also of the outstanding person that you will ever know he also started from scratch until the day come that he reach his goal in the world of Microsoft. Jobs started constructing computers with his partner, Wozniak, in a small garage, while Gates began building computer software in a motel warehouse. They been through different company and came up with different ideas. Jobs became more successful than Gates in the beginning when he created the Apple Company and was making new computers almost every year. Although Steve Jobs had great marketing skills, he treated his employees horrible. One also of the things that a employee will consider is the behavior of their master. Once you have fail to communicate with them and treated them badly will expect that things will get into difficulty because manners also have a big rule in holding and managing big companies. The employers worked extremely long hours and when he got mad he would take it out on them which is not a good thing to follow. Sometimes when a person get angry it will be also hard to control it because even I have been in that situation. It’s hard to keep emotions especially when you’re totally angry. Gates was a lot more laid back with his employees. Throughout the movie Gates and Jobs tried their hardest to make their companies better than the others. Apple was more focused on creating the computers themselves and Microsoft was eager to design the actual software and hard drives that were being put into the computers. At one point in the movie Bill Gates saw what Jobs’ was doing and wanted to make his prototype his own. He convinced Steve Jobs to let him work for Apple only later to find out that Gates stole the computer information and redesigned it to create his own computer and sell it to other marketers. After stealing Job’s ideas, Bill Gates became one of the richest men in the world. At one point in the career of Apple, Steve Jobs was fired only to return a few years later with an attitude adjustment. In the end, both companies became very successful but neither was able to gain each other’s full trust and merge into one large company.

            Being been through all of efficacious in business there are a lot of things to consider. Maybe we have speculation in how Steve Jobs transform into a very successful technopreneur. In spite of becoming the CEO, co-founder and chairman in Apple Inc. and made a remarkable creation in the fields of computer. He is also widely recognized as a charismatic pioneer of the personal computer revolution and for his influential career in the computer and consumer electronics fields, transforming one industry after another, from computers and smartphones to music and movies but his career is still not yet ended because he also became co-founded and served as chief executive of pixar animation studious he became a member of the board of directors of the walt disney company in 2006, when Disney acquired Pixar. He also played a role in introducing the laserwriter one of the first widely available laser printers, to the market. Jobs was among the first to see the commercial potential of Xerox PARC's mouse-driven graphical user interface, which led to the creation of the Apple Lisa and, a year later, the Macintosh.
            If you want to become a successful technopreneur like Steve Jobs you must also consider factors to develop your skills. To succeed, technopreneurs need to track their trails, from starting their research to commercialization of their products. Not doing so will see good ideas end up being non-starters. Steve Jobs is just an ordinary student at first who decided to enter the world of business. In fact he also applied for loans in many company and been rejected because he doesn’t look like a business man so he try to change his physical appearance and then fortunately as he used his ability of being wise he was able to get loan. Everything started from small pieces until you try and work for it. There are many things to consider are they call it Anatomy of a Technopreneur.A technology entrepreneur like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates possess some extraordinary qualities to succeed. Firstly being a visionary, it means that seeing things other human don’t see. Thinks about how to make a new system that works, instead of griping about the system that’s not working. Has a single minded focus on solving the problem he’s chosen to tackle. Willing to explore multiple possibilities to get to an optimal solution. I’ve already meet those kind of personality and for me it’s hard to have bonding with them because we have different likes and needs it’s like you’re talking to different diversion. They are the ones who are genius in terms of intellectual knowledge. Second is to become a learner because an active learner who has a thirst for knowledge. Sets time aside to pick up more skills. Take things apart, even breaks them, to understand concepts. They are the intelligent person who seeks to find answers in their questions. It’s like they can’t sleep if they don’t get the things that they want to know. A learner knows his or her weakness and they try to change and face their weakness to overcome those difficulties by that they learn more. Third is hustler, sells ideas and buy collaborators. Identifies lesson that comes with being a startup entrepreneur and moves on. Speaks with confidence because he believes in what he’s doing. If you really love the things that you do and believe that you can do it there’s really a big possibilities that you will succeed. If you were able to find the field that have fit in you then try and continue to innovate until you get the key to your dream. Fourth is systematic knows to how to prioritize among the multitude of tasks to attend to. Has a method to the madness, a personal system that helps them to get things done. Having a process to your work is a big help in your business because by that you will able to fix things right. Applying method and backup plan will lessen the hassle in your work. It’s good to be prepared and be ready always. Fifth is Passionate, obsesses over ideas, both as grand plans and as minute details. Everything matters and does things differently because of this passion. Being passionate with your work determines the real you and the things that you really want to do. Sixth driven, goes and changes things because he can. Driven by constant discontent with the status quo and looking for better ways to do things and get better results. Lastly is grounded, seeks balance between pursuing insane targets and being emotionally grounded. Understands the needs for a support system, especially among family and friends.




2. How do you see yourself as a technopreneur? 

            Being a technopreneur you have to be much focused and love what you’re doing especially in the world of business. Derived from the combination of two english words, "Technology" and "Entrepreneurship," the term "Technopreneurship" arose within Singaporean culture to describe individual whose entrepreneurial endeavors focus on a technology centered enterprise.Being an entrepreneur is those people who enter into new and pioneering ventures. If you want to become an entrepreneur, you must be a business minded person and your only mission is to start and own up your business. On the other hand, technopreneurship is the same as entrepreneurship. The only thing to consider is the technology that technopreneurs are equipped. There businesses are always in the field of technology. Some technopreneurs are always persistent of doing their own technology just to sell their ideas to different companies or establishments that needs them. Like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates they became a great technopreneurship in the fields of technology they were able to handle their character as a remarkable one. They became well known to many people or even around the world. Everywhere you go there is always computer that became part of our everyday life. Even the kids nowadays are very disposed to in different types of technology like IPods, IPhone, laptop and so on. People adopts in a rapid way of living technology because without those technopreneur technology don’t exist.
            They have the huge part in our society which really helps to propel the economy of different country. Technopreneurship it is a simple entrepreneurship in a technology intensive context. Being a technoperneur you need to have discipline to yourself and balance you mind through different things that you may encounter. Maybe someday one of my classmates will become a successful technoperneur who knows. We have different life to settle and different plan from GOD. We may not know it but I know it will be good for us. It may not be easy as what we expect but by all the courage and challenges we go through there is still hope. Our professor explains us all about technopreneurship. Technopreneurs distinguishes themselves through their ability to accumulate and manage knowledge, as well as their ability to mobilized resources to achieve a specified business or social goal. It is a process of merging technology prowess and entrepreneurial talent and skills. It is someone who perceives an opportunity and creates an organization to pursue it. A person who undertakes risks that has the chance of profit. On the other hand entrepreneurship is a way of thinking and acting that is opportunity obsessed, holistic approach and leadership balanced for the purpose of wealth creation. Searches for change , responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity. Innovation is the specific tool of entrepreneurs, the means by which they exploits change as an opportunity for a different business or a different service. Entrepreneurship pursuit of opportunity without regard to the resources currently under one’s control.
            Each one of us has the dream that anyone wants to achieve as we continue to fight for our victory. I think none of us do not have a dream for themselves as we grow we learn to have needs for our future. We learn to change our mindset of the usual things in our minds from a kid who don’t even know how hard life is until a well grown mature person. We tend to go to the school to study for a long years because we have that determination to finish and help our parents and provide their needs. From grade school up to college we tend to survive because of our desires. Dreams are what make this world what it is today. Entering in schools and beginning my family caused me to put my hopes and dreams on hold. To dream is to live and we dream in our personal life. Dreaming in advance of what we want in life assures that we are alive. My hopes and dreams are to for fill my expectations of completing my degree and to overcome my fears and concerns, My expectations of being a college student and completing my degree are very simple. I expect to do very well academically and succeed in completing my degree. My hopes are to retain the information learned and to refresh what has been taught earlier so that I may utilize the information in the future. To display growth in development of a desirable learning objective while spending time with the curriculum. Furthermore, my expectations include improving and developing problem solving skills, to realize and develop more knowledge in computer and writing to be better prepared with skills to function successfully in a diverse society. My fears and concerns are not being able to complete my work successfully due to time constraints and because I am currently a working student and it is a little bit hard. What I fear the most is that would I become a successful business women, would I achieve and survive the problems that may came? Those are the things that keeps running in my mind. Other fears and concerns that come to mind are will I fit in, commitment of time, attending class with younger students and will it take up much of my time. Finally, after weighing these expectations, fears and concerns I thought of my hopes and dreams and decided to go for. I will do my best to give one hundred percent while continuing my responsibility as a daughter and as a matured woman in an effort to support my family as I have always done. I hope and I dream therefore, I know that I am alive. It is true that many dreams may not come to pass, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel if there is courage and belief in one’s self. Dream is something that all of us need to have. It is our vision. Dream is what you want to do for your future. I believe that having a great dream, is a must to us. And I have a big dream. As a individual we have personal passion especially in a job, if I were be able to give a chance to have a work it will be to become an technopreneur. I know it’s an impossible thing to achieve but who knows someday the destiny will just surprise you.

 I know it is not simple at all. But I know nothing is impossible by the GOD’s will. This is why I came to this world.  I do not know when or how I am going to achieve this kind of goal but one thing I know for sure it will not be easy. I am constantly studying in school right now. I cannot give up even if I fail. There is a saying that failure is the greatest teacher. I know in order to pursue my dream, I will face failure. This cannot be stopped. Even Albert Einstein and Sir Isaacs Newton faced failure when they are trying to create a great formula that is remained to be used till today. I used to fail many times actually I feel like I am the most moron person in the world. Everything just collapses and then hope is lost. I mean everything in my study although I’m not good as the other, not smart as the other but I know in myself that there is something good that awaits me. If you just try to work hard and believe that you can achieve something then maybe success is possible. Dreaming to become a technopreneur is like reaching the moon and counting all the stars. But what if one day I will be given a try out, maybe I will be inspired by Bill Gates and follow his footsteps in the world of business. He is an amazing person who has a brilliant mind that everyone desires the most. For real I can’t even see myself to Bill Gates or to compare myself to him because I don’t have the ability to be like him. I’m just an ordinary girl with ordinary talent. But still I will try my best to be a good technopreneur. I see myself as a technopreneur of being a successful woman whose goal is to help people with my inventions. Sounds impossible but yes I will be that successful woman in the future because that’s how hilarious I am in imagining things. It is not bad to dream big as long as my heart is willing and my mind is wide to meditate. Inventions help every living creature in the world from the smallest up to the largest one. Technology will change the face of the world. It starts with the simple idea until it was developed and builds. I just imagining myself in front of many people and receive a loud applause and recognitions. It will be one of the unforgettable moments in my life if ever.


3. Would you take the same career path that Steve Jobs took? Why or why not? 

We have different paths through our future, different roads and different challenges to face on. Life is a meaningful adventure and beautiful but not always easy, it has problems, too, and the challenge lies in facing them with courage, letting the beauty of life act like a balm, which makes the pain bearable, during trying times, by providing hope. Happiness, sorrow, victory, defeat, day-night are the two sides of the coin. Similarly life is full of moments of joy, pleasure, success and comfort punctuated by misery, defeat, failures and problems. There is no human being on Earth, strong, powerful, wise or rich, who has not experienced, struggle, suffering or failure. All of us because by that we learn and we fight for our goals. . Experiencing difficulties are just a measurement on how strong and productive you are. No doubt, life is beautiful and every moment a celebration of being alive, but one should be always ready to face adversity and challenges. A person who has not encountered difficulties in life can never achieve success. As we go to school we have each purpose and intention.

Thomas Carlyle once said, “Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you will see farther.” I strongly believe that if one plans on achieving his or her aspirations, setting goals is a very important step. Having goals not only gives you a clear focus on things,but it also helps you to organize your plans by allowing you to give yourself time limits and boundaries. That is why I try to set goals for myself routinely, whether it is just for one day, or for the rest of my life. One goal that I work hard at daily is to do well in college. I try to focus myself to do right things as a student and take action with my personal problems. I sacrificed the time and days without my family in my side. I sacrifices to not see them for a long time. The reason I do this is because I plan on helping my parents to have a better life. All my life I have experienced a total breakdown from my neither parents it’s either financially nor physical. Since childhood I have already awaken my mind in the poverty and saw the reality in the world. I’ve been in a long adventure before I got this opportunity that I’m having right now. I been a girl with a simple dream and that is to finish my study and help my parents. That’s the only thing that keeps me stronger and always running in my mind. Every time I fall I always put in my mind that my parents and my siblings are waiting for me in return and expecting good in me. Even if I got pressured with the situation that I’m facing right now I know I can handle all of this. Going to college alone would be a major achievement for my family and I, because I will be the first person in my family to attend college. Another goal I have is to get a college degree in Information Technology. I plan to take my four years of college and get into a business as a startup. I plan to get good grades throughout my college career. I think I'm going to stay in the Davao area when I’m applying for a job as a officer or a developer. I plan to achieve this by not giving up. The first thing my mom tells me is to set my mind to something, never give up and it may take time but you will get there. My goals are very important to reach because without them, my life goals will not come true. Immediately after I graduate, I want to start my career as a business woman. By age 25, after gaining some experience as a business woman or a developre, I would like to help first my parents.. This is because I want them to live in a fine way of living not as rich as the other but a simple family who stays together. And to be good at what I do, I need some familiarity in that line of work, among other things. 

Difficulties test the courage, patience, perseverance and true character of a human being. Adversity and hardships make a person strong and ready to face the challenges of life with equanimity. There is no doubt that there can be no gain without pain. It is only when one toils and sweats it out that success is nourished and sustained. It’s nice to know that you achieve something because you know in yourself you work for it as hard as you know. Thus, life is and should not be just a bed of roses; thorns are also a part of it and should be accepted by us just as we accept the beautiful side of life. The thorns remind one of how success and happiness can be evasive and thus not to feel disappointed and disheartened rather remember that the pain of thorns is short-lived, and the beauty of life would soon overcome the prick of thorns. Like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates they have also been in many obstacles in their life before they’ve got their positions. There is no essay exit in achieving you’re goal because at first you should encounter the hardships and sacrifices in life. Those, who are under the impression that life is a bed of roses are disillusioned soon and become victims of depression and frustration. One who faces difficulties with courage and accepts success without letting it go to its head is the one who experience real happiness, contentment and peace in life. Those, who think, that good times last forever, easily succumb to pressure during difficulties. They do not put in required hard work and efforts because they break down easily. A person with weak self-determination will surely fails to succeed.
            You can take the example of a student, who burns the mid night oil, makes sacrifices and resists temptations so that he can perform well. Similarly, a successful executive has to face the ups and downs of life, not forgetting that life is a mix of success and failure, joy and sorrow. If he or she loses hope during difficult times, he would not achieve success and would be replaced by others. Even the strongest Kings and Emperors have had their cup of woes. Because GOD never had the favoritism of all the people wither rich or poor. GOD sees us equally by his yes. Life has not been a bed of roses for them. The adage ‘Uneasy lays the head that wears the crown’ has been rightly used for people, who are successful and are enjoying power and authority. To sum up, life is beautiful just as roses but it has challenges which are like thorns and have to be faced and overcome by all. Those, who accept these, challenges and succeed, are the ones, who know how to live life in its true sense. Thus, enjoy life but also be prepared to bear the pricks of pain.
            But if I will be asking If I would take the same path with Steve Jobs took well my answer would be no. We have different passion in life it’s either simple or to make things complicated. It only depends on you. Being a technopreneur is a big help or an achieving thing to fulfill with because by that you can change your life and change what the people have seen in you in the past. Maybe they have insulted you of your ability or talent that you have but it was before. I am not smart as Steve Jobs or as wise as Bill Gates but one thing for sure I have my own way in achieving my life. I know it would be not easy as what I have expected before because I know that being successful will first encounter all the hardship and troubles. But never push too much yourself from the things you want to achieve, never let our self-set goals permanently because it may end up to discouragement and disappointments. Whenever we learn, we are also beneficial to ourselves. The lessons of life are so valuable and worthy trying to learn. However, I believe that with those above reason, the most important lessons of life will be somewhere outside. They have already been for us to learn. Overall, decision making is an important factor in your day to day routine as well as your future. I’ve learned how lying can have tremendous consequences and can have a “snowball’ effect. I try to do the best at everything I do and go through each day with integrity. Mistakes I have made and how I have handled them have shaped me into who I am today and for that I am thankful for.



No comments:

Post a Comment